We care so much about our earth.
We provide quality vintage apparel as a conscious alternative to the environmentally destructive fashion industry, and extend our commitment to sustainability by shipping your orders in fully biodegradable and recyclable packaging.
The packaging and fast fashion industries are some of the most polluting industries in the world. Knowledge is power, so here are a few statistics on the global impacts of fast fashion and product packaging:
- Garment manufacturing causes about 20% of industrial water pollution [SOURCE]
- It takes 2,700 liters of water to produce a single cotton shirt, which is enough water for one person to drink for 2.5 years [SOURCE]
- 32% of the 78 million tons of plastic packaging produced annually is left to flow into our oceans [SOURCE]
- Of the 14.68 million tons of plastic packaging generated in the United States in 2015, 68.6% of it was land-filled [SOURCE]
All of our packaging is carefully selected and made from recyclable or biodegradable materials:
- Reusable poly mailers made from 100% biodegradable content that also double as a real dirt bag to create a beautiful garden & biodegrade in 3-6 months. Made from sustainable plants and non toxic compostable resin.
- Compost-friendly shipping labels made from 100% certified industrially compostable content.
- Recycled & recyclable 100% cotton shopping bags that are perfectly 100% biodegradable.
PRE-LOVED AND VINTAGE CLOTHING
By wearing pre-loved and vintage clothing, you are reducing your personal carbon footprint. This occurs in two ways:
- You are reducing the amount of emissions. and resources put into your wardrobe that impacts the environment
- Our candles are truly vegan and do not use any animal products or animal made products in our candles & home decor.
- You are providing used garments with a home, rather than contributing to the 10.5 million (and growing) tons of textiles discarded to landfills each year.
VEGAN CANDLES & ECO FRIENDLY HOME DECOR
The majority of candles around the world are made with paraffin because it does a really good job with scent and is easily available. It is a byproduct of petroleum refinement that is turned into all kinds of waxes but it's part of the ongoing global reliance on fossil fuels which is driving climate change and not sustainable.
The biggest concern with paraffin is that it releases toxic chemicals in your home. Anything that burns - including a gas kitchen stove or wood fireplace - emits some toxins. The key is to minimize them and always have a source of fresh air. It's why super energy efficient homes have air ventilation systems... otherwise the buildup from everything including carpets, furnishings and the carbon dioxide we exhale would be unhealthy for you.
- None of our ingredients emit benzene, toxic, carcinogenic, or other petroleum-based chemicals into the air, making them 100% non toxic.
- Our soy wax is a renewable resource, and they are biodegradable. Our soy wax is made from soy beans grown throughout the U.S., so it supports American farmers. It's biodegradeable and non-toxic, made with vegetable-based ingredients. And soy burns at a cooler temperature which results in a cleaner, longer lasting candle.
- Our home decor is made with 100% concrete. If you loose or throw away your home goods, it will convert to dust and rock. We do not use plastic or resin in any of our home decor. Our sealer is 100% eco friendly and will protect your home decor piece for a long time.
All jewelry in our shop consists of 70's vintage pendants, authentic vintage designer buttons and other pieces from authentic vintage designer garments and accessories that are often discarded or forgotten about. Our team reworks these pieces with high quality materials, minimizing waste and creating special, one-of-a-kind pieces of jewelry in the process.
The average American family uses almost 1,500 shopping bags a year, totaling to over 100 billion plastic bags across the country. Instead of single-use plastic shopping bags, we provide our clients with convenient, reusable, and eco-friendly totes and bags that are made from organic and recycled 100% cotton material.
All of our gift cards are digital and provided via e-mail, avoiding the use of gift cards made from plastic.